- Collaborate with pharmacy technicians and work under the supervision of the responsible pharmacist to ensure the safe, accurate, and timely delivery of prescribed medications to patients.
- To provide patients with medication-related and healthy lifestyle advice while also assisting with the pharmacy's smooth operation.
- Currently enrolled in or have completed an accredited NVQ level 2 (or equivalent) Dispensing Assistant training course under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- To select, label, and dispense pharmaceutical products in accordance with a prescription while adhering to all legal requirements and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- To ensure that dispensed items are transferred to patients in a safe and correct manner.
- Maintaining accurate Patient Medication Records (PMR) in order to ensure patient safety and in accordance with GDPR requirements.
- To identify medicine-related problems or questions and bring them to the pharmacist's attention.
- Where possible, respond to questions about the supply and availability of medicines.
- To receive stock in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- To ensure that medicines are stored in a secure and appropriate manner.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals to ensure patient care continuity across primary and secondary care settings.
- Assist in the provision of services to nursing homes, including the creation of Monitored Dosage Systems (where required).
- Respond to customer-described symptoms by following agreed-upon protocols and using one's own knowledge and judgement.
- Choosing and recommending appropriate products, as well as providing advice on proper usage.
- To give advice on how to live a healthy lifestyle.
- When necessary, refer to a pharmacist.
- Keep current on medicines and minor ailments by reading journals, product information, and training resources.